Monday, February 16, 2015

Karen Chaton and Pro Bono, Tevis 2012







Getting to the start of the Tevis Cup is often the hardest part. It takes so much preparation, planning, and then of course worrying about every little thing that could or does go wrong. This year I had the hardest time making my mind up about going. In the end, I realized that I may regret it later if I didn’t try, knowing that my horse Pro Bono (“Bo”) was in such great shape.

On Friday morning we trailered to Robie Park, the starting point for the Tevis. It is roughly 60 miles from my house so Bo arrived after his brief trailer trip looking great. I checked in, then saddled up and took Bo out with a friend for a pre-ride to work off some of that excess energy that Bo was sure to have at the start the next morning. After that, we went to do our pre-ride vet check.


Peter Greig, Dr. Jim Baldwin, Karen Chaton and Pro Bono at Robie Park. Tevis pre-ride vet check.

Coincidentally, we got to vet in with Dr. Baldwin, who had just recently vetted us in Idaho at the City of Rocks ride. Bo passed with flying colors. We were now officially entered and cleared to start the ride!




- See more ride prep at: http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/2012/08/tevis-2012-ride-report-part1/

No comments:

Post a Comment