Friday, January 30, 2015

Redheaded Endurance: Crewing Tevis 2012


Tevis 2012 has come and gone! Preparing to prepare to prepare, wait, mad dash, wait, mad dash, wait, mad dash, Finish! Need I say more?

Well, it was an awesome learning experience! Karen is incredibly organized and had lists with her needs/wants for each check written out for us. It made life pretty easy! It was my first time crewing in this high pressure environment and I won't deny I had a few moments where I wish I was more on top of things, but overall I think we helped out quite a bit and we did our best to make Karen's day easier. I do hope to complete Tevis some day and it was great to see how things can be done efficiently for horse and rider to get through the holds smoothly. I appreciate the chance to gain this knowledge and aid Karen on her journey to her 4th Tevis completion.

Read the full story (with tons of pics):  Redheaded Endurance: Crewing Team Chaton: Tevis 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment